Saturday, April 11, 2015

Atlas Brookings - Train Tracking

1atlas


Train Tracking is a propless method of revealing a participant’s freely chosen word and is something Atlas has used to reveal childhood memories, duplicate drawings, and tell someone things that they’ve only thought of over the space of an hour or so. H uses it for close up and stage work, and is sharing something very special here.

Train Tracking is a limited release hardback book (200 copies), roughly 200 pages long and it should be back from the printer and start shipping out by the 14th of July. The book also includes another very special bonus effect – Wish You Were Here… This is an incredibly strong opener in which a participant is brought on stage with you, and asked to take an imaginary trip. They freely name a holiday destination and the date they will travel, and promise to send you a postcard from that destination when they do make the trip. The postcard will have a single word written on it that embodies their expectations for the trip. The performer then points to the outer breast pocket on their suit jacket, notes that what appeared to be a pocket square is in fact a postcard, and proceeds to remove the postcard from their pocket and hands it to the participant. The postcard is shown to be from the participant’s chosen destination, contains the word they named, and the postage stamp is validated on the exact date the participant selected. Again – these are all free choices. They are not pulled from a list or a deck of cards. The choices are totally free.

Now, while this a broad announcement, He does intend to be selective about who he allow to purchase Train Tracking. Atlas states, “If I haven’t heard of you before, or haven’t corresponded with you in some way, I may contact you and make sure I feel comfortable with you. If I feel as though you aren’t ready for the book, I’ll cancel the purchase and refund your money. I also wish to emphasize that this is an English effect only and should you choose to adapt it to your native language, the responsibility for that effort is yours alone.”
For those of you unfamiliar with Train Tracking, here are some quotes Atlas has provided us below from some of the people he’s performed it for:

“A few days ago I had a Skype chat with Atlas to discuss the format of my lecture day. With the boring stuff out of the wayAtlas gave me a demonstration of his up an coming release titled “Train Tracking”. Now although Atlas had mentioned this to me in the past this was the first time I had the pleasure of witnessing it first hand and my reaction… Stunned silence followed by one of the biggest grins my face has had the fortune to bear, this is the stuff of dreams. As a mentalist the grail would be a system for revealing any word without the need for anything to be written down, without any forces, stooges, peeks or otherwise. If you want a system for revealing a genuinely thought of word then look no further, “Train Tracking” does this beautifully and even allows you to reveal other thought of information at the same time. If its of any interest when Atlas performed this on me I thought of the word “Puzzle”, this was genuinely a free choice on my part without restriction. (I chose this word as I had been working my way through the Puzzle Book that Neil S sent me for my birthday (Thanks Neil). I also hasten to add that this book/topic was never mentioned to Atlas during our chat and nor was this book visible at the time either. There are so many things that impress me about “Train Tacking” the fact that it can be done over the phone or on Skype in the exact same fashion that it can be done in person. The fact that you could perform this naked (which Atlas was when he Skyped me) EDITOR’S NOTE: NOT TRUE!, the fact that he revealed so much more along the way.” – Michael Murray

“I have also been hit by the freight train of bewilderment that Atlas is calling Train Tracking. I was Skypi-fied into wonderland by Atlas. This is yet another of Atlas’ blockbusters. I don’t think Atlas has put out anything that would score less than a 10 on most people’s feedback forms. To be honest although he’s called it Train Tracking……….. Most people, on seeing it, will just call it Mind Reading.” - Stephen Young


“Just had a call from Atlas, he asked me to think of any word in the English language and nothing was written down and after going through his completely innocent and beautifully scripted train tracking process he told me that the word I was merely thinking of was direct. He was of course correct. He was also able to tell me all of the words that I had thought of during the train tracking process. I would call it a thing of beauty but it put things of beauty into the shade. This is a billetless divination of absolutely anything, a word, a name, a place, anything. If this sounds like hype, it isn’t, I’m actually trying to play down my enthusiasm. If any technique/principle ever gave me a ***** this is the one. My mind is going to be reeling with the possibilities. This is one limited release I really cannot afford to miss.” – Mark Chandaue

“I sat and had dinner with Atlas last night. It was the first time we had met since he had recently moved to the same area I live. We chatted for hours and really hit it off before our topic of conversation even moved towards mentalism. Atlas made reference to this and gave me a performance of it… He asked me to think of a word….I did We went through a “Day dreaming” process where I was asked a series of random questions. He listened to my answers and after about 90 seconds blurted out my word 100% at the first guess… My word was: Router Utterly amazing principle Atlas has going on here and I for one cannot wait to finally read the finished book!” – Looch

“I have just had a Skype conversation with Atlas Brookings and cheekily asked him if he could perform Train Tracking on me. Not only did Atlas guess the exact word I had in my mind, he also correctly divined other thoughts I had going through my mind too! This has to be one of the best mentalism effects ever devised! Billetless work has always interested me and something I have been working on for a while however this effect takes revealing thoughts to a whole new level.” - Art Vanderlay

“This evening I got a call from Atlas. We chatted about stuff. Atlas went above and beyond in helping me with a routine. He is a true gentleman and I am very grateful for his ideas and advice. Well of course, Train Tracking came up in conversation. Part of me wanted to experience this phenomenon and part of me didn’t want to hassle the poor guy after he had already been so generous with his time. I couldn’t resist though and Atlas was kind enough to oblige with a demonstration (or two) of Train Tracking. Guys, I thought of the word ‘wallet’. He nailed it and I giggled like a schoolboy. I laughed out loud as I experienced my brain go into melt-down. During the process he also described many of my other thoughts some of which were very fleeting including a childhood memory. He was 100% on the mark every time. I’ve been performing for over 30 years and I cannot remember the last time I felt like this. I was blown away, completely and utterly destroyed.”- Derek Heron

“Atlas can use the same method to reveal my thought of word, or to catch fleeting glimpses of my childhood memories. He can do it as a drawing duplication. He can do it in person or over the phone. He can do it for one participant, or three at a time. He can do it as a feat of influence or a feat of mindreading. It’s THAT big. This is not a complicated concept, but at the same time it is an intricate device and purchasers should recognize that this will require a reasonably strong mind, a degree of effort to learn, and some dedicated practice. But having said that, it is amazing fun, and the potential impacts are vast. This is not just a trick, it’s a scaffolding which you can build as high as you like, and on which you can hang just about any embellishment or decoration your heart desires. Put in the effort, and Train Tracking will serve you well.” – Connor Jacobs

“Today I Skyped with Atlas, and on top of being a warm and laid back fella, I was left with one of the best experiences of my life. Of course this was after witnessing live the much discussed Train Tracking. Lets get to the meat and potatoes. Atlas asked me to think of a word (really, any word in the English language). After a short interaction he asked if I was thinking of the word ‘Magpie’. He was correct and I was left genuinely stunned. Then he accurately told me what various words, images and memories I had thought of during our conversation. I perform professionally and consume lots of first rate material. But sadly I rarely get the opportunity to experience mind reading with me being the participant. I was lucky to watch Derren Brown live last week and even got to be on stage with him (and it was brilliant of course). However after being Train Tracked, it was the first time in my life it genuinely felt like someone else was inside my head. In fact once Atlas told me the word I was thinking and all the other stuff, I felt a little disorientated as my mind was spinning with shock after the revelation. I know this may read as hyperbole, but I’m attempting to convey how it made me feel. And Atlas was generous enough to discuss with me the bare bones which makes Train Tracking possible. This enabled us to discuss in detail the learning required to master this. The reassuring realization is that Train Tracking is nowhere near as daunting as I had first anticipated and is clearly within reach of most people (providing they are prepared to spend time practicing it). And to echo others, now I have experienced Train Tracking I fully understand how it’s a tool to many creative pathways and not just a single routine. I was never on the fence about this (Atlas has never in my opinion released a weak product) but after today I cannot wait to purchase and being learning this. So Atlas, thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful experience and leaving me for the first time in a long time, truly astonished. P.S. I haven’t even mentioned the bonus Atlas is planning for Train Tracking. It’s a journey your participant takes in their mind and is quite beautiful. That’s all I have to add. Thanks again” – Chris Hurst

“For me, Train Tracking is a beautiful piece of direct mind reading that opens up so many windows. This is so good it can even be done over the phone as a demonstration of mind reading that literally has no compromise, the participant thinks of a word and you can guess it (plus several other thoughts). I also know this is real world working as I have seen Atlas use this live in close up and on stage! Stunning piece of craftsmanship. Atlas you tool, don’t release this.” – Peter Turner

“I can already see the potential that this release will have, and I just wanted everyone to know that your participant will experience mind reading like never before, as you tell him things that were only in his mind, and you conclude by telling him the thought of word. Does not get any stronger than that.” – Alex Alejandro

“This is pretty much the best thing ever.'” - Marc Oberon

“It is like Atlas is walking around inside your head.” – Mark Elsdon
Please be patient with me as I start to accept these orders and begin to generate the shipping manifest. I’ll do my best to keep you abreast of each new development along the way. Best, Atlas

No comments:

Post a Comment